The Summer Program for Undergraduate Research will not take place in 2020. Stay tuned for new and exciting opportunities for undergraduates interested in personality and social psychology.
Interested in Participating as a Student?
Students will select up to five mentors they are interested in working with. Students will receive a $3000 stipend to cover living expenses and up to $500 to cover travel to and from the summer research site.
Student Eligibility Requirements
- Student must be from an ethnic/racial group underrepresented within the social and personality psychology field
- Student must be an undergraduate student from a university without an active lab in their field of interest
To be considered for the program, you must be graduating in Summer 2020, Fall 2020, or Spring 2021 and intending to apply to graduate school in social or personality psychology (Spring 2020 graduates with a graduation date before July 2020 are not eligible)
Required Application Materials
- A completed online SPUR application
- A statement of purpose regarding research interests and academic/career aspirations (1000 word maximum)
- An uploaded copy of your resume/CV
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member at your home institution who can speak to your academic achievements, work habits, and potential for success in the internship Your letter writer will be able to upload his or her letter for you to the website once you complete the application form. You may also upload an optional second letter to support your application.